Friday, November 3, 2006

The Miracle Drugs....

Well, my drugs just arrived. And apparently the Medical Establishment has a different definition of "small needle" than I do. See, when they told me "small needle", I pictured something thin as a hair, and short, short. I was hoping it would feel like a mosquito bite. You know...maybe J could just give it to my in my sleep and I'd never know. Yeah, that's not what the evil UPS man just delivered. Ok, I'll give them this...the needles are smaller that what the lab used on me last night to extract NINE vials of blood. But for needles that will be making themselves at home in my abdoment for the next 3 weeks...they're not as small as I was hoping. Sigh.

But on a positive note...not all, but a good portion of those drugs that will be gettin' me knocked up now live in my refrigerator...kind of exciting to be the in same room with these miracle drugs.

The next phase of needles haven't been ordered yet (I'm in a vicious battle to the death with my insurance company...and they're winning). I'm supposed to have them by the 9th (I hope).

Well, that's the update. Injections start tonight. I'm told in a few days my tummy will start to resemble a roadmap. Yay.

No comments: