Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The joys of morning sickness....

I went out to dinner Saturday night with some friends - one of which turns out is (shockingly) pregnant. Her due date is a week after I would've been due. Something about that just hit me like a ton of bricks. I sat there through dinner listening to her complain about morning sickness and cramping and not being able to sleep. And all I could think was - I'd do ANYTHING for some morning sickness.

I then proceeded to do the healthy, mature thing and drink her right out of my line of vision. I also spilled my guts to perfect strangers at a random bar about how IVF didn't work...how if I didn't just jump back into it, I was afraid I'd lose my "fertility momentum"....how I didn't want to do it again...how I wanted to do it again....how I'd never do it again......on and on.

I told my husband the next morning (as I recovered from a DIFFERENT type of morning sickness) that from here on out he can just go ahead and classify me as clinically insane until I'm holding a positive pregnancy test in my hands.

I start injections in less than a month......I'm far from excited about it. I was flipping through some talk show yesterday and there was a woman who had started her 4th (or so) cycle of IVF....had an anaphylactic reaction to her first injection of Lupron...took her 8 years to recover. So of course being the hypochondriac that I am...I'm convinced that's going to happen to me this round.

No comments: