Thursday, November 30, 2006

Grow embryos, GROW!

Ok, seriously it was 5pm before the clinic returned my call. I know they're busy...but I'm the crazy lady on hormones while they've taken my embryos hostage. The suspense has given me a freakin' ulcer.

Implantation is tomorrow at 6am. I only talked to the embryologist for a few minutes...they were very busy...everybody's implanting today/tomorrow. He said they hadn't done a cell count on the embryos today, but they all "looked good" (ugh, what does that mean?). They're going to do the cell count early tomorrow morning. Out of the 6 embryos we have, he said normal would be getting 2-3 that are actually of good quality. So by tomorrow he'd like to see at the very least 2 that are obviously growing faster than the rest. If that's the case, those are the 2 that they implant. If for some reason they are having a hard time finding ones that stand out - they'll cancel my appointment and retry it on Sunday. The Embryologist DID say that they've got a better shot in the uterus than they do in the lab...so the faster they get 'em in, the better chance we have. But they won't do it until they're nice stable embryos.

The doc got an anesthesiologist to come in tomorrow to sedate me. Thank GOD. I'm so glad I don't have to be worried that I'll be too nervous for them to take. I'm my own worst enemy. Sucks because I'll have to get an IV (which will send my nerves into space). The procedure will take about 5 minutes...it's not supposed to be painful at all. So by the time the drugs wear off, I'll be feeling comletely fine. My little embryos will spend their first few hours in the womb totally cracked out. Hey, maybe they'll like it and decide to stay a while. :)

That's all I know. I'm on bedrest for 24 hours after the procedure. I figure I'll be home around 9 or 10 (they make me lay still for a while after it's over). Hopefully I'll still be tired from the drugs...I'll crash on the couch with some movies. I told J to go ahead and plan to go to work...I won't be in pain...just not supposed to get up (unless I have to go to the bathroom). As long as he can set me up with all the remotes, some food and water and the phone...I'll be couch-bound for sure.

I'm excited about tomorrow, but already anxious about the preg test. God, I hope this works.

No comments: