Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Recovering....and waiting....

We got home Friday night from FL. I've never been so glad to be home in my life. J suggested mac & cheese for dinner. So our feet hit the ground and we went straight to the restaurant. I've craved nothing but mac & cheese in the last 2 weeks. Good 'ole comfort food.

We ate, got home around 10 and went straight to bed. I woke up Saturday morning around 8...milled around a bit. By 9:30, I was already for a nap. That's how I spent both Saturday and Sunday - napping, waking up, eating, more napping. My body's been through a lot...it's exhausted.

The swelling in my abdomen has gone down. Which is both a relief and a reason for concern. If I were pregnant, I would immediately swell back up again. Instead, I continue to lose the water weight. At the biggest point I had gained 13 pounds of water in my tummy. I can't begin to tell you how uncomfortable that was. I still have a swollen belly, but it's only about half of what it was a few days ago. When we flew home on Friday, I looked about 4 months pregnant.

It's weird to think that right now at this moment - it has either worked, or it hasn't. But I won't know for sure until next week. Once the embryos go in, they should implant within about 72 hours. That limit was Sunday night / Monday morning. So one way or the other, it's over. It's over except the wait for the pregnancy test. My least favorite part of this whole mess.

I went back to work on Monday. Around lunchtime on Monday we lost power due to a crazy windstorm. Power didn't come back on until about 9pm on Tuesday. Madness. I had to drag my recovering ass down to Panera with my laptop to work. It was probably a good thing. Had I stayed at home, I probably would've fallen asleep.

They've got me on prometrium and crinone. The prometrium absolutely knocks me out. I've never felt so stupid being on that stuff. I feel drunk on it. It's horrible stuff. Although I guess the silver lining is: I can't drink...prometrium takes the edge off without the hangover.

No comments: