Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

I turn 30 today. I always thought I would’ve had kids by now. And then I lowered that to: Well, I’ll get pregnant before I turn 30. Obviously that is no longer the case.

So I woke up this morning and a thought crossed my brain that I must admit was kind of liberating: I will be in my 30’s when we have kids. Period. There’s no “oh crap”, I’m leaving my 30’s…will it happen?” Because yes, it will. One way or the other, this will be our decade. It might not be our year, but we will have started a family by the time my next decade birthday strolls around. Father Time isn’t going to allow us to continue all this nonsense forever - either it happens through ART, or we go another direction. But it will happen.

So happy birthday to me – my last big birthday celebration as a non-mother.

No comments: