Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Got Mold?

So, health issues explained: we've got mold. Not the horrendous Black Mold where you have to tear down walls, bulldoze the house or otherwise start over...other mold. The kind that makes me wake up in the middle of the night sneezing.

We had our house tested last week - I can't seem to get healthy lately. Allergies / colds / sinus infections, you name it. So we dished out $300 for some dude to spend 10 minutes walking around the house testing our air.

Diagnosis: Penicillium.

You'd think with an antibiotic name like that I'd be extra healthy. Not the case.

Fortunately, it's only in the basement (unfortunately so is the furnace which means it gets blown all over the house). But it just means reshuffling a few things on our "shit to fix" list. For instance, waterproofing the basement, venting the dryer, having the ductwork cleaned out.

Can't wait to start feeling better. There are only 2 drugs that allow me to breath and not sneeze until my nose bleeds: Benadryl, which puts me into an instant coma, and Mucinex, which lets me breath, but gives me insomnia.

So listen up all you mold spores - I'm coming for ya. This war has just begun.

No comments: