Friday, March 28, 2008

Hooray for weekends...

Oh sweet jesus I have a brain smashing headache today. I've also lost all ability to concentrate. AF is on her way...and then this cycle starts. YAY! ACK! This morning I found the cereal in the refrigerator. Yesterday I found the mayonnaise in the pantry. I rather hope AF gets here soon...I've got some major PMS ditsy-ness happening.

The latest update (well, it's not that recent, but I can't remember if I blogged it): They are not making me redo the pre-NCIVF tests (saving us $800). In fact, they are allowing me to skip the first "baseline" bloodwork and ultrasounds since I live so far away (saving us $800...in gas).

I talked to my coordinator earlier in the week and for now, all I need to do is just call them on Day 1. They'll go ahead and order all my drugs on that day. Then I just show up on Day 7 for my first bloodwork/ultrasound. She said they will normally monitor you until around Day 12 or 13 - then it's Novarel time...then the harvesting. I may not be living out of a suitcase for as long as I had thought. That's always a good thing.

This weekend will be my last weekend at home for however long it takes. J and I will leave on the 5th for DC for a wedding and then I'll just stay up there for the cycle. I'm trying to wrap my brain around getting myself ready for this trip...but I have a feeling I'll just be throwing clothes into the back of the car an hour before we take off.

Oh - I also spoke to the doc about my concerns of Estrace. It's linked to breast cancer and other breast issues. And with my recent surgery, it just seems stupid to expose myself to anything that could exacerbate it. However, he said I would be on a very minimum dosage (2mg), it's strictly for "lining maintenance" (which kind of cracked me up), and (assuming this works) once they determine that your body is making enough estrogen to support your lining, they take you off of it. I'm told for most women that's about a month or so. The progesterone I will stay on for 3 months.

The progesterone they're prescribing comes in the form of tablets - not that messy disgusting cream. So not only do I not have to worry about the ick factor, but I don't have to worry about those crazy prometrium pills that made me feel drunk.

Actually, I might miss that part a little...

1 comment:

mr.redagamal said...

Hello and welcome to Rukn Al-Amana for Home Services
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان

Insecticide spraying completely get rid of harmful insects in homes, homes, apartments and kitchens
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابو عريش

Sterilization at the highest level of insects Sterilization of the best sterilizers and insecticides Corner of the company
شركة مكافحة حشرات بصامطة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بصبيا

Pest control company in Jizan, complete elimination of all types of harmful insects that exist in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you should contact us now
شركة مكافحة حشرات بمحايل عسير
شركة مكافحة حشرات بنجران

Combating insects in Najran, Bab and Mushaimis, Khamis Mushait Corner Company is present in all parts of the Kingdom, contact us now
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان