Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wonders Never Cease...

Well first of all, after J raised hell yesterday, not only did we get an after-hours phone call back from the clinic last night, but they were hammering out details early this morning with our insurance company.

As it turns out, my health insurance plan changed in 2008 and we actually HAVE coverage. It's a $4k lifetime (it used to be a $2k lifetime, so I'm not sure if that $2k counts towards this, or if the coverage is brand-new and we just start over). But it's 70% coverage up to $4k ($600 deductible).

I think you need to be a brain surgeon to figure it all out, but bottom line: it sounds like we can do this round of IVF and still afford to eat. So that's good (one less thing, right?).

We will also NOT have to pay another $800 to update our tests. J basically told them there's no way they could ask us to do another mock transfer since it was their fault it was taking so long to get this cycle going. Well, that wasn't entirely true...but it's saving us 800 bucks. So hey...I'm in.

My husband, my hero - I love it when he gets all fired up. :)

No comments: