Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Greetings from our Nation's Capital

As always, I procrastinated in packing. Yeterday was a blur of me frantically cramming all the crap I own into the back of my car - only to get here and realize I left the damn syringes at home. No biggie - I only need one for the Novarel, which (as it turns out) might be a while.

This morning was my first appointment - they did an ultrasound and bloodwork. I'm a bit concerned about this cycle already. Today would technically be Day 8, at this point they should be measuring my follicle - but as of my appointment, everything was still so small the doc couldn't even determine which side I was ovulating from (it should be from my left side - since that's where it was 2 months ago).

My period was totally screwed up last week - came early, stopped, started...very strange for me. My labwork/hormone levels won't be in until this afternoon - so hopefully that will shed some light on what's going on. Based on my ultrasound though, the doctor said I wouldn't have to be in the clinic again until Saturday. Assuming my bloodwork is on par with that, then I will probably head back home tonight, and come back to DC super early Saturday morning.

BTW - damn the price of gas.

I'm trying not to worry too much about the ultrasound - who knows, maybe my body is just working really slowly - which (I keep telling myself) could be a good thing, because then hopefully I won't ovulate before my retrieval, and that He-Man (or She-Ra) egg will be ridiculously healthy and I'll be popping out the world's bouncing-est baby in 9 months.

Time will tell. Although unfortunately, my intuition usually seems to be right...and I'm not digging what's happening so far.

No comments: