Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wine anyone?

So after a week of living without AC in temperatures hovering around 98, we finally found somebody to come on short notice. My two new best friends arrived at 8am this morning and didn't leave until after 11. They basically duct taped our AC back together. It's a temporary fix - our furnace needs to be replaced. THE FURNACE.

If ever meet the people that used to live here, I'm beating their asses. Seriously, we've had at lest 5 pipes bust, we stil have a non-working bathroom, we have a gutter that is rotting off the house, we have mold (or at least we did), we had to waterproof the basement...at least 10 other very expensive things that I'm too brain-damanged from the heat to remember...and now....THE FURNACE. The estimate for the cheap one: $3,000. I will not be buying the cheap one.

I'm told the current duct-tape temporary situation is only going to give us enough time to shop for a new one - a month at most. And I have my doubts about that. With both systems cranking like a mother, it has taken 3 hours for the temp to come down 2 degrees in this house. It's still hot as hell, only now I owe some AC dudes like $400 for their work this morning.

And J's "new" car? After TWO DAYS of driving it - it needs to go to the garage. It doesn't start very well and it has just cut off a few times.

The Jeep's check-engine light is on - THAT needs to go to the garage.

And IVF IS EXPENSIVE (I feel like screaming that out the window right now!)!!
!#$%?^!#%&#$*!#$&!#$!*!#$*&(*%

All this crap is cutting into my wine habit and it's really starting to piss me off.

No comments: