Sunday, October 5, 2008

First Appointment (Cycle Day 8)

This morning was my first dr. appointment. Follicle looking good for Day 8. It's on the left side (for the 3rd time), size is 11x8mm. Not going back until Tuesday.

My grandfather drove me up for the appointment. He was big-and-bad on the ride up saying he wanted to talk to the doctor and see if there was anything more we (we?) can do to make this work. Was kind of terrified on the trip there - the last thing I need is my grandfather screwing up my relationship with my doctor (he's a 6 foot 2, bear of a 70+ year old man who doesn't understand a thing about IVF, but wants to see it work for us). When we pulled into the parking lot, he decided to wait in the car instead - wouldn't even come sit in the waiting room.

On the drive back, we got behind the only goddamn vehicle in the state of VA with the license plate: "MLFHNTR." After a few minutes of trying to figure out what it said, my grandfather turns to me: "What kind of hunter?" Christ alive...what is up with the fucking universerse? "No idea, Pop."

Coming through town, he turned off at the cemetery. A visit to my uncle's grave. I hadn't been since he died 6 years ago. We only stayed for a few minutes and as we left, he leaned down and patted the ground. My grandmother says he goes at least twice a week and she's never seen him leave without patting his grave. Absolutely breaks my heart.

No comments: