Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hey, I really MIGHT survive this….

So, I got over the hump last night and this journey has started to s-l-o-w-l-y creep downhill. I had my first Follistim & Menopur injection. Mixing that stuff was madness – we actually had to watch a DVD on how to operate this crazy Follistim pen (it’s made for self-administering the injection – yeah…right). So we had to figure out how to use IT, in order to inject it into the Menopur…mix THAT together…then find a syringe that would actually hold all the drugs. Then finding a SubQ needle to go with the IM syringe. Eeek. But…I think we’ve got it down now. The prep should be easier from here on out.

My lovely and amazing cousin, Sandi (god love her!) came over and brought us dinner and stuck around to hold my hand for the first scary injection. I got my tummy all iced up…that was HUGE for the pain factor…I’ll never do an injection without it now. Also had the heating pad ready for afterwards. I don’t know why, but the second the needle came out, the ice didn’t feel good anymore. Heating pad for a few minutes…and wham. I was back on top baby! I swear – with the ice – I was only mildly aware that the needle even went in (and you all know by now how wimpy I am!), then I could feel pressure from all the drugs going in (super ew!). Yep…then definite burning like mad. But then the needle was out, the heating pad was on…done. Phew. I am a bit sore in that spot this morning, but it’s not bad (ask me about it in a week). One down, 8-9 more to go. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope to feel my ovaries working like crazy in the next few days. I’ll welcome THAT uncomfortable-ness. Grow follicles, grow!! We need more eggs this time. I can just picture them packing up their bags and fighting each other to get in line. Snap to little babies-to-be!!

I’ve got appointments for blood work and ultrasounds next week (Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings). Then we leave for FL next Friday. Hopefully things will keep on going smoothly until then. I am nervous about the emotional stuff that will kick in this weekend (I hope it’s over the weekend…I can’t function at work like that). We’ll see – they’re new drugs…maybe it won’t be so bad. We shall see….

No comments: