Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Note(s) to self:

While we're on this "trend" for lists...here is another.....

To myself on the night of the new terrifying drugs:
1. Yes, it's gonna hurt like hell, but it can't hurt forever.
2. Yes, organic red wine IS good for the eggs.
3. Don't kill husband as he administers the new injection that will hurt like hell (but not forever).
4. Try to think positive: these new god-awful drugs start the REAL baby-makin'.
5. No, my ovaries will not explode on Day 3, even though I might emotionally.
6. Try to remember it's just as hard for J to give the shots as it is for me to get them.
8. Note #7 really IS crap, but DO remember that he loves you anyway. And no, he doesn't WANT to give you the shot.
9. Remember that the last part of #8 isn't entirely true. I'm sure after all my whining, he probably DOES want to give me the shot. I know I'd like to give HIM the shot.
10. It's only 9 or 10 days. The first one is always the hardest...after this it's downhill.
11. The last shot is always the easiest.
12. We leave for FL one week from Friday.
13. Picture baby with J's eyes.
14. Picture screaming baby with J's eyes and then refer back to Rule #3.
15. Call IVF doctor to see if he's up for some babysitting...hell, he's got all our money anyway.
16. Remember that friends are out there doing rain dances, druken rock climbing, praying, meditating, sending cards, calling, emailing, burning sage, doing yoga, sending good baby vibes, begging Karma and the Universe, cooking dinner for us, wearing their penguin slippers, sending yoga gift cards and generally wishing every good thing in the world for us. There's good positive energy floating around for us everywhere....I just have to reach out for it.
17. I am not alone in this.
18. I am not alone in this.
19. Just because it didn't work the first time doesn't mean it won't work the second.
20. I'm tough. I'm Superman. I can do this.

No comments: