Sunday, April 8, 2007

Baby Makin’ Eve

Well, tomorrow is the big day – Egg Harvesting Time. I know I’ve done this before, but I’m terrified right now. I’m scared of the anesthesia, the IV, the falling asleep, the pain when I wake up, the possibility of hyperstim afterwards. I’m in pre-harvesting panic! :)

Not allowed to have food or drink after midnight tonight…that shouldn’t be a problem…I’m hoping to be asleep early tonight…get a good night’s rest and get this over with. Tomorrow’s the big day…this is almost over.

Today we went out and tried to fit in some more sight-seeing (today was my last official day of guaranteed vacation). We went to The Alligator Farm. It was SO much fun. I even got to hold a baby croc....got some pics. This place was incredible. There must've been hundreds and hundreds of crocs / gators. They did a little gator feeding program. This teeny little girl (I swear she looked 12, but must've been in her 30's) came poppin' into the gator pen full of at least 30-40 HUGE crocs, did a little feeding demo, talked about them...and she was standing jut feet from them. They seemed so gentle with her. It was amazing. There was one croc called Hercules that she walked over to - he was chillin' in the water with his massive head resting on the edge of his pool - she taps his snout and asked him to show everybody his teeth. He's all chill, slowly opens his gigantic mouth and just hangs out there while she talks about his teeth. Holy crap, it was crazy! I was in awe. How do I get her job?!? Oh my god it was awesome.

In a sign of good positive baby-energy, they even had STORKS at the farm. I got a couple pics...they're actually quite ugly. How did they get to be the symbol of babies? Their heads are all scabby and they have bald-fuzzy little heads. I don't think I'd ever seen one up close before. Got a couple pics for luck though.

So after that we went to this lighthouse down the road...I'm QUITE sore, and you had to climb all the steps to get to the top. I didn't think I was up for it, so we just took pics from the ground. Very beautiful.

After that we headed into the historic district of St. Augustine. We attempted to go to The Oldest House (I'm assuming it's the oldest house in St. A). It was closed though...but we did walk past it (I know...very exciting). Then we again attempted to go to the old spanish fort Castillo de San Marco...BUT...traffic was mad because of an Easter Parade...couldn't find parking and didn't want to get stuck in the parade traffic. Hopefully we'll get to check it out before we head home.

Alright...that distracted me from The Fear. But since all my touristy-stories are over, I'm freaking out again. Ack! I just keep telling myself...it's not the egg harvesting tomorrow...it's fertilization day. Tomorrow we'll have babies in a petri dish. Babies!!!! US with BABIES!! YAY!!

No comments: