Monday, April 23, 2007

Moment of Weakness

In a moment of weakness, I had J run me by CVS and pick up a home pregnancy test. We were warned to absolutely NOT use a pg test - because I was injected with pregnancy hormones, it can give a false positive. So we decided that we would ONLY put stock into the results if it came out negative.

Which is stupid, because I know my body. I know my period is moments from starting. I know I'm not pregnant. But I needed someone else to tell me that I wasn't being crazy. I needed the preg test to confirm it.

And it did. Negative. If a home preg test is coming up negative, even after having pregnancy hormones injected into my body, it has to be negative. There's no way around it.

So that's that. I have my beta tomorrow. I'm going to it only for the sake of having the final results in my file. It would tell if I had a "chemical pregnancy" (a very early miscarriage), or if it's simply a period. Although I probably would've gotten a positive from the home test if it was a chemical pregnancy.

It's over. All that and it's over. Again.

What's next for us?

No comments: