Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Phrase you never want to hear your grandmother say:

"Jerking off"

Yes, I had a conversation with my grandmother earlier and she actually used the phrase "jerking off". Pretty much never laughed so hard in my life.

So today's blood work & ultrasound went well. Had a super cute guy-nurse take my blood...which of course just made it that much more embarrassing when I freaked out. Oh well, at least I had a few seconds of eye-candy distraction. My estradiol levels came back at 1896. The doc said on Monday he wanted them to double...they almost tripled. Hyperstim is a small concern...but so far, no symptoms...still feeling good - uncomfortable (boy am I uncomfortable!), but good.

Ultrasound went well. Every follicle I have (with the exception of 1) is 1cm or over. I'm up to 10 on one side, 12 on the other. The nurse who did it said I was the last IVF patient this morning to get it done and I had way more eggs than anybody else. Jeffrey immediately yelled at me: "it's not a competition!" All I can say is...last time I had the LEAST amount of eggs...being in first place ain't so bad. Eat my dust, suckas...

[Note to Karma: I SWEAR I am just joking around. Damn, I'm going to regret that.]

Which leads me to my conversation with my grandmother:

Gran: "When is your harvesting?"
Me: "It's tentatively scheduled for Sunday."
Gran: "So, while you're doing the egg harvesting, what is J going to be doing? Jerking off in the
bathroom?"
[insert a good 30 seconds of dead silence on my end]
Me: "Um, as a matter of fact...."

There are some things you just never fully recover from in life....

No comments: