Monday, November 12, 2007

Things that go lump in the night

Well it turns out denial doesn't do much after all. I had a doctor appointment today that I've been trying not to think about or talk about since I scheduled it 12 long days ago. Unfortunately real life doesn't give a crap about denial and instead I find myself left with this one fact:

I am 30 years old and as of 3pm this afternoon I have a surgical consultation about a lump in my breast that my doctor can't identify.

She did a sonogram during my office visit and the only thing I know for sure is, it isn't a cyst.

After that I was shuffled off to the scheduling nurse who set up my consult with a breast surgeon and then scooted me out the door. I'm told they will do a mammogram and depending on that, possibly a biopsy. Ever the optimist (stop laughing), I spent 0.16 seconds on Google, and this is the first website I found:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2003/09/26/hmert26.xml&sSheet=/health/2003/09/26/ixhmain.html

My appointment is November 27th.

No comments: