Saturday, May 17, 2008

What a great day

I got invited to go to the lake today with some friends and hang out on a boat. Alcohol + boat + magical lake scenery + cookout = Super fab day.

It was wonderful. I did nothing but sit like a happy little fool in the back of a boat all day with a glass of wine in my hand. Just reliving it brings a tear to my eye.

It was a bit chilly - a cool 70 degrees and pretty breezy. One of those days where as long as you were in the sun you were warm. Of course being out on the water on a moving boat with the wind, we were pretty cold and bundled up, drinks in hands, splashing through the surf enjoying the pristine afternoon. It was perfect.

That is until we pulled into the dock at the end of the day.

As soon as the boat stopped moving we all realized we were on fire. Sunburn. How stupid were we? Here we were trying to keep warm and nobody thought about sunblock. Me! The Queen of SPF 75 (yes, they really make that...and yes, I have two bottles of it). I am so sunburned that even the backs of my hands are red. My face is so frickin' hot I could probably generate electricity for a small city. And I'm pretty sure a raccoon on the way home mistook me for it's cousin (why do I insist on Jackie 'O sunglasses?).

I am currently tucked into bed, slathered in aloe with a fan blowing on me. I'm shivering, I'm on fire and I'm pretty sure my skin is making a slight crunching sound.

Ahhhh, it was so worth it.

No comments: