Monday, May 12, 2008

Update: Not so freaky after all

As it turns out, my new email IVF friend really IS a big weanie. I don't mean that as an insult either. I just mean - PHEW..thank god, she's not superhuman after all.

Turns out she IS scared of starting IVF. She does hate needles. She is scared of the harvesting. She is hanging by a thread hoping this works. I mean - I still have her beat when it comes to wimpy-ness, medical squeamish-ness, mental breakdowns - and, well - I'm sure many other things. But, I no longer feel like a freak (so THAT'S what this feels like...).

And get this - she's been trying to get pregnant for 10 years. TEN. Yes..10. WTF? I don't know if this makes me feel better, or worse - but damn. This is one tough broad we're dealing with. How in the hell do you live in Infertility Land for 10 years? I was throwing myself off the boat at the 2 year marker...and I've barely trudged myself through 3 more. Bleeech.

This is her first IVF attempt - she's doing it in June and cycle-wise she's one week behind me. Come on Universe, cut this woman some slack. Let's hope we're both knockered by the end of next month.

No comments: