Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This morning's appointment

My ultrasound looked good this morning - follicle is measuring at 18.6mm. The bloodwork I had done yesterday afternoon won't be back until around 1 - my bloodwork from this morning should be back at the same time.

As long as there was no LH in yesterday afternoon's b/w, I will most like make it to harvesting tomorrow without ovulating.

In other uncomfortable news: my ass is sore and my veins are shot. They jabbed me 3 times this morning before they got blood. I managed to squit blood across the room when they removed the needle - that's a new one for me. Gross. And OW. The backs of my hands are so sore it hurts to type.

Tomorrow I'm told they have to put the IV in my arm. Honestly, I have phobia of being touched there - a real phobia. My grandmother went with me again this morning and just thought I was being stubborn getting my blood done...until the nurse told me they'd have to get it from my arm and the waterworks started (in my defense, I'm stressed and I'm tired and I'm so ready to go home in addition to just being a wimp). The nurse (finally) realized that the crook of my arm is more than just me being a pain in the ass. (I'm weird, I get it.) So they finally jabbed and jabbed and got blood from my hand. But for tomorrow - it's in the arm. Frickity frick frick frick. At least I'll be on valium prior to the IV. Well, assuming I make it to the IVF.

More later when I hear back from the lab.
I'm so tired...getting up at 4:30 every morning is beyond old.

No comments: