Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh - COME ON

So we just found out J’s job is sending him to Vegas for 4 days next month. The EXACT days that he needs to be here for his portion of the fertility treatments. And get this: his boss - who by the way KNOWS that we were doing IVF this month, knew about this conference in Vegas for months and just dumped it on him.

I'm so pissed off. I may meet his boss in the parking lot after work for a well deserved mental-woman-beat-down.

J is trying to get in touch with the doctor to see if he can have his "donation" frozen prior to him leaving. If so, I'm going by myself - even if J wasn't traveling, he wouldn't have been able to be there much anyway.

Which means I will be doing everything by myself. Everything - including finding someone who can get off work at the drop of a hat to come with me to the egg retrieval and drive me home after anesthesia.

I'll be totally alone on this one and for whatever reason that seems less scary than postponing another month.

No comments: