Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Recently Quoted

"I feel like a Mr. Potato Head that some mentally challenged kid has thrown together."
--Quote from one of my good friends going through a divorce, child in tow. I swear, it's my new favorite saying. I may have t-shirts made up. All this blogging, drinking, crying and depression over infertility - and all I needed was this one sentence to get me through it with laughter. I love it.

"Do you have kids? No? No kids? You guys are young, you should have kids, you'd get more money back. I have kids, I always get a refund. You should really think about having kids."
--Quote from our now EX accountant. You can't make this stuff up. Thank you H&R Block for rubbing your fertility in our face. Thank you Uncle Sam for not only NOT helping out with the cost of our fertility treatments, but also penalizing us for being infertile. Oh my god, you fucking rock.

"Well I guess we could afford the name brand green beans if we had kids."
--Quote from my husband as we're standing in the grocery store shopping for canned goods moments after our visit to H&R Block.

"We get a bigger house since we're having another kid."
--Quote from my Marine brother who now gets to move into a larger house on base simply because his wife is pregnant again. Another round of thanks to Uncle Sam. I suppose if we were enlisted, we'd be living in a box on the corner. I can't say it enough: You fucking rock.

No comments: