Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Quick Egg

I'm having one of those days where I'm totally in awe of the human body.

I went in for my bloodwork / ultrasound this morning, and that little egg is just growing away. Already I'm at 15mm (mature is between 18 and 20). So the good news is the doc seems to think this cycle is going to go by relatively quickly - less needle pokes, I get to sleep in my own bed sooner. The bad news is the doc seems to think this cycle is going to go by relatively quickly - the faster my body works, the trickier the timing gets.

But all that aside - the egg is growing. I find this the slighest bit amazing. Why you ask? Well because I'm getting by on about 3 hours of sleep a night, I'm so busy between clinic visits, hours of traffic for each one-way leg of my trip and work that I'm actually forgetting to eat. I've been constantly on the go - I'm up at the latest by 4am everyday. I'm wiped. I'm drinking WAY more coffee than I should be (actually, I shouldn't be drinking any). I AM eating healthy (you know - when I remember).

And still - I'm growing an egg. And quickly.
Must be one tough little guy...hopefully it'll stay that way.

No comments: