Saturday, May 10, 2008

Antioxidants are SO good for you

Hey, you know that world record where you try to see how many fertility treatments you can do and in between you drink as much alcohol as humanly possible?

I'm growing eggs one magnum of wine at a time.

What's that theory where alcohol destroys all the bad brain cells that we weren't using anyway? Yeah - that. See, I'm just trying to make room for fresh new brain cells. And in the meantime I'm reaping the rewards of huge does of antioxidants. No kidding. It's very healthy. What could possibly be bad about drinking grapes?

So we hit our first wine festival of the season today (oh Wine Season - how I love thee so...). We loaded up the car with friends, cheese, crackers, blankets and chairs and headed out to the country. Bluegrass in the background, mountains in the distance, rolling fields all around, blankets in the grass, wine in the glass, smelly cheese in my belly. John Denver wrote that song about the wrong state.

It's my most favorite part about summer. Wineries. Fancy wineries, ghetto wineries, big wineries, small wineries, old wineries, new wineries. Dr. Seuss really should've branched out into the adult genre. I like them all Sam-I-am....but I draw the line at wine in a box. Even with a fox.

The weather was amazing. In fact I think that was the theme of the day: someone would take a deep breath, suck in the day and say: "Man, what a perfect day." It was too. Big white clouds, absolutely no humidity, a steady but perfect breeze, the sun was shining. I got that song "Goddamn Right, It's A Beautiful Day" stuck in my head all afternoon. And it was SOOOOOO appropriate. That's right. I said it.

No comments: